Thursday, June 9, 2011

Reminder: Dollar General $5 off $25 Coupon



If you think you may want to run into Dollar General on Saturday to take advantage of the $5 off a $25 purchase, be sure to go to the website and print the coupon rather than using the coupon you may have gotten at the bottom of your sales receipt.  Here's the link:  http://dollargeneral.com/coupons/Pages/index.aspx




There is a wording difference between the two and I believe that the printable coupon from the website will allow you to use the Dollar General coupon in addition to using manufacturer's coupons.  The Dollar General coupon policy says they allow both coupons to be used on the same purchase as long as the coupon doesn't state otherwise.  Clear as mud, right?  The printable states: Not valid with any other Dollar General coupon offers.  The receipt coupon states: Not valid with any other coupons or offers.  I do warn you that you may run into problems using this coupon with manufacturer's coupons.

I would think this coupon works just like the $3 off a $15 purchase coupon you sometimes get at CVS or RiteAid.  You'll need your transaction total to be $25 or more before tax.  You'll present the Dollar General Coupon first, taking off the $5 from your total.  Then, if you can use manufacturer's coupons, you would give them last. 

If you want a copy of the Dollar General Coupon Policy, you can print it here:  http://www.dollargeneral.com/OurStores/Pages/CouponPolicy.aspx    I have had great coupon experiences at Dollar General, and I have had less than great experiences.  Don't tell my readers ;-} but I love the DG in Crofton (hi, Kathy!).  I know Crofton is not in Hopkins County, but I've never ran into a problem there.  I'd love to hear about your savings if you make it out to Dollar General on Saturday!

UPDATE:  I just received a reply to my question in the We Use Coupon forum regarding combining the $5 DG coupon and manufacturer's coupons....seems like this is a go.  Just be sure your before tax and before coupon total is $25 and that you present your DG coupon FIRST!  Good luck!
Thanks again, and happy couponing!
--The Hopkins County Couponer (6/9/2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment