Remember, your local school is probably having a food drive right now (I know Southside is! Go PURPLE Pod!!!) so be sure to grab a few extra items and drop them off at your school on the way home. At our school, the students compete and the winning pod is rewarded with a pizza party! A pizza party is a great incentive for getting families to participate.
But, the great thing about the Food Drive is not winning the pizza party. The great thing about the Food Drive is these donated items are available each week for families to pickup. And that means there needs to be a steady flow of donations to keep that table stocked. I gotta say the donation table was looking mighty empty yesterday... I'm going to clean out my cabinets and send as much as I can on Monday and I challenge you to do the same! In fact, I challenge you to beat the Purple Pod! ;-} Next week is your last chance to make donations to be counted toward the pizza party. But, donations are accepted all of the time!
You can get 2/$1 canned goods at Market Place (Best Choice) or you can get a 4-pack of Libby's Vegetables for $2 at Walmart! Oh the goodness we would see if everyone grabbed at least two cans and donated them! Like I often say: Couponers CAN make a difference, one donation at a time!
I hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday. And remember, when you make a donation, even a small one, you are helping another family have a wonder and happy holiday, too!
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Here's a quick list of the things you should buy at Market Place this week (or Price Match at Walmart)!
- Duncan Hines Cake Mix $0.88
- Domino Sugar $1.97 -$1/2 Domino sugar product, 2 lb +, November Good Housekeeping or Ladies Home Journal or Redbook or Weight Watchers magazine; this coupon won't double so you'll save just as much by price matching at Walmart!
- Dr. Pepper & RC Products 4/$11 or $2.75 each; stock up!
- Nestle Morsels $1.97 -printable, if available Use this coupon at Market Place and hope it doubles!
- Red Gold Diced Tomatoes 2/$1 -printable, if available or this printable, if available (neither were available to me!)
- Dawn Dish Liquid $1.18 - dig out your P&G coupons and take home some inexpensive dish soap! Be sure to have this on your Market Place list so your coupon will double AND because Walmart usually doesn't carry the smaller bottles to price match!
- Sweet Sue Chicken Broth 2/$1, Walmart has Swanson for the same price
- Country Crock Butter $2.98 -$1 off Shedd's Country Crock product, November or December All You magazine; butter for $1.98 after coupon is a stock up price!
- Cool Whip $0.97; The Walmart brand is probably priced slightly lower, but Market Place has all of the "fancy" Cool Whip flavors for $0.97 and who doesn't need a tub of the French Vanilla, right?
- Prairie Farms 1/2 Gal Milk $1.87; if you're not brand loyal, a gallon of the Walmart brand is less expensive than two 1/2 gallons of PF at Market Place
- Campbell's Cream of Soups $0.75 at Market Place compared to $0.60 (or $0.59) at Walmart. If you have the $0.30 off 4 cans coupon (not sure which insert it came from, sorry!) you would pay $2.40 for 4 cans at Market Place after your coupon doubled. You'd only pay $2.10 for 4 cans at Walmart even though your coupon won't double!
The best part?
You don't need any coupons!