Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Murphy USA Discount Card / Debit Card

I hadn't heard of this program until today, and I have to say sign me up!  This Gas Discount Card couldn't have come at a better time.  Gas prices in Hopkinsville have been about 10-20 cents below prices in Hopkins County over the last couple months.  Murphy USA is usually the cheapest before the 3-cent discount, having the convenience of debiting the payment directly from our checking account, AND getting the 3-cents off per gallon without remembering to purchase a Walmart gift card is a really great thing for us. 

I wanted to know more about this program since it links directly to my check card so I read through the FAQ at:  https://www.paymentcard.com/secure/retailers/murphy/learnmore0.html 

Why use the Murphy Check Card rather than a debit card?
       Debit cards and credit cards are forms of payment that carry large merchant fees from the banking and credit card industry.
       These charges are transparent to you as a consumer. By eliminating these higher fees, the merchant is able to pass a portion of the savings along to you.
       This method of payment benefits both you and the merchant.

Sounds good to me!

Thanks again, and happy couponing!
--The Hopkins County Couponer (6/21/2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment