Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Did you get your 99-cent Pepsi?

There were a couple things that surprised me about this offer.  First, there were actually Pepsi 12-packs still on the shelf when I got to CVS!  Second, not everyone with an Extra Care Card received this coupon!  I hope all the local couponers minded their manners today. 

I can only guess the determination for who did and did not receive the coupon was based on some kind of marketing information CVS gathers when we shop.  I personally feel that promotions like this should be available to all Extra Care members.  CVS certainly won't earn more customers by leaving people out of deals like this!  If you didn't receive the coupon, did you call the corporate office to complain?  I'm not one to recommend calling to complain, but in this case I think it would have been appropriate to voice your irritation.  I'd have been pretty upset if I'd driven all the way to CVS only to find out that I wasn't going to be able to get the 99-cent deal.

This is a good example of how the couponing sites unintentionally post bad information.  And, I'm guilty, too.  I certainly hadn't thought that some consumers would be missing out on this deal, and I didn't see any "try it at your own risk" warnings in any of the coupon emails I received.  I did receive an email from CVS and that's why I felt the offer was accurate, I had kind of doubted it before I saw the email.  So, for the future, if you don't get an email from CVS personally informing you about the offer, try it at your own risk!

Thanks again, and happy couponing!
--The Hopkins County Couponer (6/15/2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment