Friday, January 13, 2012

Have you noticed the Labels list?

Since we're having a snow day and everyone is still asleep this morning, I wanted to take a sec to direct you to a new-ish feature on the Hopkins County Couponer: Labels.  I had been seeing labels or tags on other websites and blogs and for the life of me couldn't figure out how to add them to this blog.  Then, one day, while looking for another gadget to post, I saw "labels" in the list of choices.  I swear blogger just added it, because surely I hadn't been overlooking it all the other times!  Any hoo, I have added it to the left hand side, right below the "subscribe by email" box.  It's kind of like a quick search of things I commonly blog about. 

Labels, what are they?  In a nutshell, when I make a post about something I can assign a label to it.  I try to be specific when I assign the labels: store names, insert names, topics.  I also like seeing the number of posts that I've made for a specific topic or store.  As of this morning, I have made 5 posts and labeled them "Couponer's CAN".  If you click "Couponer's CAN" all of the items should be related to my favorite saying:  Couponer's CAN make a difference, one donation at at time. 

I just started adding Labels so my older posts are label-less.  But, if you want to find that post from last week about Kmart (or whatever), just click the Kmart label on the left and you'll get to a list of Kmart related posts!  You may also notice the "Random" label for all the posts that just don't fit in anywhere else!  And, for beginning couponers, you may want to take a look at "Know How".  This is a series of posts I made for a Couponing Workshop at the Southside Family Resource Center.  I hope you find labels helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment