Friday, September 30, 2011

Southside Elementary Fall Festival

If you happen to be at the Southside Elementary School Fall Festival tonight, be sure to check out the Cake Walk and Bingo!  I put together a few gift baskets and I am so proud of how they turned out!  I had gotten five boxes of brownie mix FREE earlier this week at Kmart (thank you double coupons!) and picked up a pan and vegetable oil at the Dollar Tree to create these adorable baskets for the cake walk!  And I am in love with the "travel size" basket for bingo (wish I'd made more of those)!  The pink basket is filled to the brim with feminine health and beauty items!  Of course, the blue basket has all the masculine health and beauty items any guy would need!  If you're lucky enough to win one of those baskets in bingo, you won't need to buy body wash, shampoo, toothpaste, or razors for at least a month!  If you've never used Shrink Wrap Gift Basket bags from the Dollar Tree, you just have not lived!  Those things are amazing!  I used cookie tray bags for the Brownie Mix Baskets and they were the perfect size for that little cake pan!  The Easter style basket was a little tall, but I managed to get the bag tied!  What do you think?  Are they worth playing for?  I think they are awesome!
Above, the "travel size" basket.  I used a Scotties tissue box as my base and just started sticking things to it with double sided tape.  I made a second layer out of a mini-first aid kit, a travel size Secret Clinical deodorant, a small box of Kotex liners, and a travel pack of shout wipes.  I had a couple packets of Tide so I put them in the little opening which gave the basket just the right amount of height.  That basket is just dying to go on vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment