Saturday, August 13, 2011

What do you think about the Redesign?

Good afternoon couponers!  The blog redesign is nearly complete!  Please take a look and let me know what you think!  I'm still tweaking a few things here and there, but the overall format will stay the same.

Here are some of the new features:

New Pages:  In the teal-green bar under the blog header you can access the different pages on the blog:  Home, Initiative, Donate It!, Printables, Q Match Ups, All About Me, Disclaimer, Store Policies, Blog Roll
I'm still working on several of these so keep an eye on them for updates soon!

Subscribe By Email:  See it on the upper, Left hand side?  Enter your email address in the little white box and click "submit", respond to the confirmation email you'll receive in your inbox, and begin getting a daily email from The Hopkins County Couponer!

Coupon Site Buttons:  Down the Left hand side you'll find icons for several of the best coupon printing websites!  Quick and easy access right from the blog home page! 

In Store Coupons:  Keep scrolling down the Left hand side and you'll see the "In Store Coupon" buttons for all my favorite stores who offer In Store Coupons!  I didn't know Kmart had instore coupons until yesterday!  How awesome is that?

Blog Search:  At the top Right, you'll see the Blog Search box.  This will come in handy if you remember reading about a coupon but can't remember what day you saw it posted.  Just type in the product name and click "search".  I am seriously in love with the search feature, because I sometimes have a hard time finding previous posts!

Share on Facebook:  Located directly below the search box along the Right hand side is the "share on facebook" button.  Click "share" and instantly add a link on your Facebook profile to whatever you're viewing on The Hopkins County Couponer.  This is great if a lot of your Facebook friends are couponers and you want to share the info with them!  (I tried to put a Twitter Share button on the blog, but I haven't been able to find one that works!  Hopefully, I'll find one and get it added soon!)

Popular Posts:  A short list of the most read posts on the blog!

Blog Archive:  A chronological listing of each post I make to the blog.  If you know you saw a post on a specific day that you want to access, this list will help you get there!

Printable Coupons:  Scroll all the way to the bottom and you'll find 12 buttons divided by category where you can find this months list of printable coupons.  I'm trying to update this everyday with all of the printable coupons that I come across.  I like to think of it as my very own version of a Coupon Database!  I'd like to add a real coupon database, but I just haven't been able to find one.  So, these lists will just have to do for now!  If you're curious about the (8/12:99218) you see for a lot of the coupons, the 8/12 is the date I found and posted it, and the 99218 is the zipcode that I found it under.  Sometimes there are great coupons available from Coupons.com but you have to look under just the right zipcode to find them so I try to post the zipcode to make it easier for everyone!

Any hoo, I hope you like the blog redesign, and I'd love to hear your thoughts about it!  If you're curious, I designed the header and blog buttons myself!  Finally putting my Photoshop hobby to good use!

No comments:

Post a Comment