Monday, June 6, 2011

Use Your Rayovac Coupon Correctly!



Couponer's know that you need to purchase the smallest package allowed by your coupon to get the biggest amount of savings.  In our area, where products are often not available or have higher prices than other places, it's difficult to score the same great deals you may read about on couponing websites. 

This Rayovac coupon is a good example of how you could inappropriately use a coupon for a cheaper product.  The coupon states "Save $1 on any pack of Rayovac alkaline batteries" and the couponing websites were telling us there is a $1 pack of batteries available at Walmart.  I believe I had posted about this, too. 

I combed over the battery stand and checkout lanes yesterday, looking for this pack of batteries.  The "alkaline" batteries are packaged in blue, and the smallest I could find was $3.47 for 6 AA.  I do imagine that in some areas, there is a 4 pack of these batteries, I just couldn't find them in Madisonville.  What I did find is a "zinc chloride" battery packaged in red, at the low price of $0.97.  Curious, I had the cashier ring up the zinc batteries and then scan the coupon, the transaction went through without a beep.  I purchased both the zinc and the alkaline batteries because I knew the coupon was not intended for the purchase of the cheaper batteries. 

If you find the blue packaged batteries for a buck, I want to know where you found them!  I've still got another coupon and I'd love to score free batteries!

Thanks again, and happy couponing!
--The Hopkins County Couponer (6/6/2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment