Friday, June 24, 2011

Selling Coupons: Like it or hate it?

I found this interesting article while googling coupon origins.  I thought she had been featured on Extreme Couponing, but apparently she has not.  http://www.jillcataldo.com/no_more_selling_coupons 

I had wondered about the buying/selling of coupons from the beginning of my coupon craze.  I really liked Jill's statistics about how much a manufacturer is spending when a consumer redeems a coupon.  But, I feel that if the manufacturer is printing thousands of coupons, the manufacturer better be able to absorb the loss created by the redemption of those coupons.  In today's couponing world, manufacturer's should be expecting a lot of their coupons to be redeemed.  Don't mass produce a coupon if you can't back it up.

And it's not just the couponers making this happen.  If you scan the store ads, you'll start noticing more and more items featured each week with an available coupon.  Selling something with an available coupon is a win-win for the store and the consumer.  Consumers save money, stores make money when consumers purchase the product.  Winning!  (Sorry, I just couldn't resist!)

Thanks again, and happy couponing!
--The Hopkins County Couponer (6/24/2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment