Saturday, June 18, 2011

All You Grocery Challenge Welcome Email

Got an email Welcome from the "All You Grocery Challenge".  I was surprised to click on the Couponing 101 article and see this for tip number three....

I don't know how your couponing experiences have gone, but I sometimes feel that each coupon is scrutinized beyond what should be reasonable and customary.  Wait, let me back up a second.  All You magazine is available only in Walmart stores.  I realize that the "advice" provided by the magazine isn't the same as an endorsement by Walmart, but it sort of feels like a back door endorsement to me.  So, why do I still feel like Walmart cashiers give me the death glare when they see my coupons?  You can see all the tips here:  http://www.allyou.com/coupons-deals/easy-couponing-00400000061681/?xid=gc-challenge-061711  Here's the list, abridged:

Tip 1:  Find coupons in the store:  Blinkies, Peelies, Catalinas, In store coupons (i think that may be blasphemy since Walmart doesn't offer cats to their customers; of course, they will accept catalina coupons from their competitors.)
Tip 2:  Ask for a rain check:  This is pretty interesting because it can only be referring to shopping in stores other than Walmart.  I'd like to know if Walmart will issue me a raincheck on a sale at Walgreens!  Actually, that'd be pretty sweet!  To be clear, as far as I am aware, you can not get a raincheck from Walmart!
Tip 3:  Buy less, save more:  This is just basic couponing, but the tip actually says "If there’s a sample size, see if you can apply the coupon to that―you could end up getting the item free!"  Love it.  The thing is, the register does beep a lot when you use a coupon for a travel/trial size item.  I do not love the beep!
Tip 4:  Google for what you need:  google your way to printable coupons! 
Tip 5:  Use paperless coupons:  well, we all know this option is out at Walmart.
Tip 6:  Let someone else do the work:  enter the link for coupon clipping services.  I can appreciate a clipping service that has tomorrow's coupons today.

Thanks again, and happy couponing!
--The Hopkins County Couponer (6/18/2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment