Friday, December 2, 2011

Southside: Congrats to the Winning Pod!

I wanted to send a quick shout out to Southside's winning Pod...only I can't remember which pod was the winner!  If you're reading this {hey, Ms.Teresa!}, and you know who won, leave a comment; just click "Congrats to the Winning Pod!" above and you'll be redirected to the page with the comments field just under this post!

I had the immense pleasure of seeing a full {over flowing!} donations table yesterday during my visit at Southside.  There are going to be full cupboards all over the place tonight!  I also got to meet a sweet, sincere student who helped count the donations with Ms. Teresa.  Come to think of it, I think this student may have had a big hand in seeing her pod to victory!  It's heart warming to see youngsters taking such an active roll in helping others, don't you think? 

To the winning pod, CONGRATULTIONS!  I know you guys will enjoy your pizza party.  But, what's even better, I know there will be families who will really enjoy all of your donations, too!  And let's give a round of applause to the Family Resource Center and Southside for sponsoring such a fantastic Food Drive!  Students and Families, there couldn't be a Food Drive without your participation, so give yourself a pat on the back! 

Today officially ends this year's food drive....all I can say about next year: Game On!  ;-}

No comments:

Post a Comment