Saturday, September 3, 2011

Red Flag for MoJo Savings

If you've checked out Coupon Network this morning, you probably noticed the 70-cent off one Soft Soap hand soap coupon.  I am just now reading through my email from yesterday and saw a red flag on a post made by MoJo Savings announcing that you can get Soft Soap at Walmart for $0.27 using this coupon.  Beep!  Wrong answer!

I did see a card board display near the checkouts on the "garden" side of the store yesterday with several products priced for, I thought, 94-cents (maybe it was 97-cents).  The Soft Soap actually caught my eye because there are coupons off and on.  But, if you've ever picked up a bottle of Soft Soap, those small/fat bottles are only 7.5 oz.  The printable coupon states 8 oz or larger.  Do I think the register would accept the printable coupon for the small bottle?  Yes, I think the register would take it without a beep.  Will I be purchasing the small bottle?  No. 

I got curious, so I printed the coupon.  It prints w/ an old fashioned barcode and the DataBar so there will only by your conscience holding you back....or your diligent cashier.

Please note, I did not look at the size of that bottle in the display at Walmart!  But, I do have a bottle in my stock pile that is only 7.5 oz.  If you go to Walmart and see that these 97-cent bottles are 8 oz or larger, please let me know!

Now, here's what I recommend.  The face value on the Coupon Network printable is 70-cents so it's not going to double at the grocery store.  But, if Kmart has a doubling event, it will probably double.  Or, if Fred's Super Dollar (Princeton, Central City, Hopkinsville) carries the 8 oz bottles, this coupon will double on SATURDAYS only!

No comments:

Post a Comment