Sunday, September 25, 2011

Neither Snow Nor Rain by Leigh Douglas

Leigh has done it again!  She's brought us another thought provoking article, this one titled Neither Snow Nor Rain.  It is amazing when you think about it, the ways the world has changed over the past fifty years.  I think we often forget just how young our great country is; much, much younger than many other countries throughout the world.

I have wonderful, childhood memories of the post office.  My grandparents lived in town, so my aunt and I would walk to the post office to pick up their mail.  I don't know why, but it always seemed so fantastic to me that you could go to that little window and get your mail, instead of getting it from the mailbox at the end of your drive.  I mailed many packages to Afghanistan from that same little post office where my aunt would walk everyday.  I'd say that the post office is a member of the community, just like your neighbors.  I read recently that this little post office may soon be closing it's doors and I can't tell you how sad that made me. 

Be sure to checkout Leigh's article, Neither Snow Nor Rain, and feel the nostalgia wash over you, too!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for always posting my Culinary Crafts. In college, I remember my English professor saying, "You can only write about what you know about." And I know about memories. And the older I get, the more precious my memories become. I'm glad I can help bring back some great memories for you! Thanks again....love your blog!

    ReplyDelete