Wednesday, September 14, 2011

9/13 Hot Coupon Topics

Today's Hot Topics from the Coupon-osphere!








  • Grocery Shop For Free - Kroger Doubles & Extreme Couponing!  I think if the doubling stops, it will be gone forever.  What I really want to know is how this is going to affect the double coupon trials at some Walmart stores!  I really wanted Walmart to take the double couponing national so we could enjoy the perks here, too.  If Kroger stops doubling, I imagine we won't see doubles at our Walmarts.
  • Cuckoo For Coupon Deals - Travel Size Super Deals.  I am officially undecided about the "no size restriction" coupons used on travel size items.  I've purchased plenty.  I guess, if you have one of these coupons and you don't use that item, picking up the travel size is a good idea.  But, if you and your family use that product you're probably going to be better off to use your coupon on the full size item!
  • Cuckoo For Coupon Deals - Bad Deal Alert!  This is an internet deal for Ugg boots, but thought it was worth sharing!
  • Coupon Teacher - October All You Magazine Coupons (did I post this one already?)
  • Living Rich With Coupons - Homemade Baby Wipes using Kleenex hand towels.  I think this is a great idea!  I'm going to have to do the math and see if this is less expensive than buying Huggies wipes!
  • Living Rich With Coupons - Microwave Cake in a Coffee Mug;  this sounds delightful!  Grab a jar of chocolate fudge ice cream topping and I am in!  This would be a great little treat when you're just craving something chocolatey!
  • Coupons Deals and More - Extreme Couponing Reality
  • Krazy Coupon Lady - Just one Sunday newspaper?  How many copies of the paper do you get on Sunday?  I've cut back to one issue that I have a mail-order subscription to, and additional copies if I see a really good coupon!
  • Southern Savers - Learning Sales Cycles.  This is great info for couponers!  If you don't "get it" right away, don't be discouraged.  You may have to watch the weekly sales ads for a couple months before you start noticing the sales trends.  Once you start getting your favorite products for a low, low price you'll notice when the prices are higher. 
  • My Litter - How to Create a Coupon Binder.  I love seeing what method people use to organize their coupons.  In the beginning, I clipped almost every coupon from the Sunday inserts and put them into my binder.  My binder was huge, hard to handle, and full of coupons for products that I would never use.  Over time I learned to weed out the coupons I never used and began sorting them into boxes by their expiration dates.  I can easily find one if I see a sale.  But, now I keep part of my coupons in a "caddy" I made from a recycled wipes container and the others in a "mini binder".  I also keep a mini-accordion file in my purse with my "hot" coupons.  I'm not in the habit of bringing all of my coupons with me and I do miss some good deals.  But, I rarely miss a good deal on the products my family uses the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment