Saturday, June 11, 2011

This Week's Bottom Line

"This Week's Bottom Line" is going to be a new weekly feature for the blog.  I've made a couple individual posts, but that gets a little time consuming!  I thought one, end of the week, post would be more sufficient!  I used a coupon on each of the items featured here.  I have a family of four, so these are not the only purchases I made this week!  But, who wants to see the stuff I had to pay full price for?  Nobody!  Not even me!  How was your week in savings?  Here's the break down....



Shopping Trip No. 1
Regular Price = $22.65
My Price After Coupons = $9.76

I had a coupon for Country Crock and didn't want to let it expire, if I had passed up that purchase, my Out Of Pocket would have been less.  I purchased the Dawn at Market Place and thought it was marked on the shelf for 98-cents, but it rang up for $1.35!  It would have been free at Sureway.  If I hadn't had the $3 off Staples coupon, I would have passed on the pens!  Could have totally done without the frosting and the Brach's candy.  But, who doesn't love chocolate covered peanuts?  And, of course, more TP for the stockpile!  And totally free Kool-Aid & tuna, need I say more!


Shopping Trip No. 2
Regular Price = $3.00
My Price After Coupons = $0 aka FREE

I am so thankful to Staples for that awesome $3 off coupon!  I hope they do that again and again!  We have cracked open the orange, and I am happy to report that it performs just as a hand soap should with a nice, mild aroma!  Maybe it just smells good because it was FREE!








Shopping Trip No. 3
Regular Price = $14.88
My Price After Coupons = $3.38

Ok, this was my Walgreens trip this week.  I had a $5 reward from the degree deal (I think it was from the degree deal) a couple weeks back that offset my out-of-pocket expense.  Plus, I received a $5 reward for the Gillette and a $1.50 reward for the Finish to use next time!  I actually used the $1.50 on a photo order I picked up, but I still have the $5 reward waiting for next week's shopping!  Can anyone say cheap Pepsi for me?





Shopping Trip No. 4
Regular Price = $10.73
My Price After Coupons = $1.35

This was by far my best trip of the week.  However, the Kool-Aid cost me 56-cents for 16 packs because the coupons only doubled to 72-cents each (I had two coupons).  It doubled to $1 earlier in the week so I don't know what happened.  This is a prime example of why you shouldn't bring your kiddos shopping, you can't watch the screen and the kids at the same time!  But, I even gave a fellow shopper a Kool-Aid coupon, I hope it doubled for her.  But the cat food was only 79-cents after the $2 coupon in the Kroger mailer; the tuna, note pad, and clips were all FREE!  Yay me!



Ok, so if you're keeping tabs, there are four cans of Chicken of the Sea tuna.  How'd I get four of those wonderful 50-cent coupons?  I have two computers to print from, and I am grateful for it!  Those four cans went strait into the donations stockpile!

Without any coupons I would have paid $51.26.  After coupons, I paid $14.49!

Thanks again, and happy couponing!
--The Hopkins County Couponer (6/11/2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment