Saturday, June 4, 2011

How Many Newspapers Do You Buy?

After first watching TLC's Extreme Couponing, I would buy a lot of newspapers each Sunday.  Too many newspapers, in fact.  You couldn't have reasoned with me at the time, because I thought, "that's a good coupon, I need a thousand copies of it!" 

Now that I'm starting to mellow in my couponing habits, and I have a stock of just about any health and beauty product my family will need in the near/distant future, I am able to cross check the upcoming coupons and the upcoming sales and ask myself: do I really need another tube of toothpaste or bottle of body wash?  I'm seeing more and more each week that the answer to that question is, No, we don't need anymore of that.

So, starting with tomorrow's Newspaper, I am planning to buy only one or two copies.  It's a Proctor & Gamble insert weekend, and those coupons usually result in pretty good sales, so buying only two copies is going to be tough for me.  I really won't be surprised if I have a lapse and buy four.  The "couponer's rule of thumb" is to buy a newspaper for each member of your family, so that would be four for us.  The down side for us is that our family is picky in the eats department.  My kids don't like fruit snacks and won't dare eat cereal with milk!  Food coupons are kind of a dead end in our house.  Wish me luck!

Thanks again, and happy couponing!
--The Hopkins County Couponer (6/4/2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment