Saturday, June 4, 2011

Double Check Your Inserts Before You Buy


It seems like no matter how hard I try to check the newspapers before I leave the store, somehow I manage to get home and find that there's an insert missing.  Today, it was coupons missing from the insert!  I picked up the Saturday edition of the Kentucky New Era and got home only to realize that all of the Gillette and Old Spice coupons were missing from the insert!  When I plucked the paper out of the stack, I gingerly leafed through to locate the Proctor & Gamble insert and never considered checking the insert page by page!  It was only after comparing the coupons to the preview list that I actually realized there were 7 coupons missing.  I made a call to the store and a very helpful cashier (thanks, Barbara!) checked another copy of the paper and sure enough, these coupons were the middle pages of the insert.  She took my name so I can pick up my coupons the next time I am there.

It's easy to jump to the conclusion that someone stole those pages because those were some of the better coupons.  But, in all likelihood, it's just a coincidence.  This is the first time I have encountered this specific problem.  I've had many a Sunday paper missing one whole insert or another, but never just a section of an insert.  So, if you're not in the habit of checking your paper before you leave the store, I definitely recommend you to do just that!

The good news, the cover of the Proctor & Gamble advertises "Coupon Savings Over $102"!  There was also a big, blue Walmart folder encouraging customers to bring in competitor ads for price matching (pictured above).  Of course, "restrictions apply".

Thanks again, and happy couponing!
--The Hopkins County Couponer (6/4/2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment