Friday, March 16, 2012

Culinary Crafts: Finger Lickin' Good

I just knew this week's Culinary Crafts article was going to be a good one as soon as I read the title Finger Lickin' Good!  You may or may not know this about me, but I am not a bird person.  I think birds are beautiful and I have several ceramic birds sitting around the house.  I have recently developed a thing for owls.  I blame my mother who had an owl print from Home Interiors when I was a kid.  I even have faux eggs in jars in my kitchen.  So, I guess I am a bird person; just not real birds!  Any hoo, I really enjoyed Leigh's recount of her adventures with raising chickens.  Hearing her say it was like an Easter egg hunt everyday just about had me planning where I could put a coop!  Don't tell my husband, he'll be dragging me off to the flea market!  The more I read of Leigh's story, the more reminded I was of a series of books by Doreen Cronin featuring the antics in Farmer Brown's barnyard.  Leigh, if you're reading this (and I know you will!) I think your story would make one hilarious children's book!  And to top it all off, Leigh has another round of yummy recipes for us this week.  I gotta ask, is that Orange Chicken the same as the stuff you get at the Chinese restaurants in malls?  I've never tried it, but I've got a family memeber who gets it and think I might try out Leigh's recipe for our next get together!  I'm pinning it, are you?  Have a great weekend everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment