Sunday, January 22, 2012

Staples: Charmin 16 rolls for $6

If you're in need of toilet paper, you may want to take advantage of $6 packages of Charmin this week at Staples. 

Here's the thing to look for in the store.  Check the "sheets per roll" on the package to make sure you are buying the 308 sheet packs.  There is a nearly identical package with only 264 sheets per roll. 
Both packages say 16 Double Rolls = 32 Regular Rolls.  I am guessing that Charmin has lowered the number of sheets per roll.

To the left is a screen print of the Charmin in the sale ad.  I can just make out the barcode as beginning with a 2 (the second set of numbers).  And I just happen to have both 264 and 308 sheet packages of Charmin for referrence. 
Here are the barcodes to help you....
308 sheets (584.5 sq. ft.) = 37000-23462
264 sheets (501 sq. ft.) = 37000-50911
Of course, the package could have changed.


To make your coupon journey more fulfilling... you can also earn 25% back in Staples Rewards if you shop between now and Wednesday (1/25).  The picture on the right says 1/28, but the printed coupon does say 1/25 so I'd go with that date.  I was able to print my coupon from the weekly ad page on Staples.com.  You won't receive your rewards until August.

Now you may be wondering, how do I know if I'm getting a good deal on my toilet paper purchase?  I'm sure there is some grand mathematical formula you can use, but the easiest advice I could find is from a reader's comment in the Cuckoo for Coupon Deals post about this Charmin sale at Staples.  From this point forward it will be called The Toilet Paper Rule:  Stock up when the price is equal to or less than the square foot.  In this case, the 308 package has a square foot of 584.5  At $6 per package, the price is just slightly higher than The Toilet Paper Rule, but it's pretty close.  If you use the 25-cent coupon from the 1/1 P&G, you're price does go "less than" the square foot making it truly a stock up price!

No comments:

Post a Comment