Tuesday, January 3, 2012

First Sale Week of the Year

Good Tuesday morning!  I don't know about you, but I think I'm ready for Spring Break.  It was way too cold outside yesterday!  Any hoo, I had a thought that I wanted to share with you.  This is the first Sale Week of 2012.  It's a great time to begin your serious coupon journey and to start keeping track of the money you're saving by using coupons and price matching.  It's also a great time to begin watching weekly sales to see when items go on sale and for how much.  Think of it as the beginning of your "price book".  Being brand loyal will come in handy because you'll only need to spot trends for products you already use. 

And it's looking like a great year to save, too!  Kroger is starting off with a great P&G stockup sale.  Plus, Kmart announced that you can double coupons every Wednesday and Saturday through April!  If you're planning to start stocking up on donatable items, be sure you look for expiration dates in the end of 2014 range, that way your items will still have plenty of shelf life when you donate them in the fall!

It's only Tuesday, so we have the whole week ahead of us to start saving.  I'm going to begin by making myself a list of what I have in stock.  My goal is 6-8 months of stuff (because back-to-schoool sales are only 6-8 months away!)  If you have a great system for keeping track, message me at couponforchange@live.com so I can get started, too!  I didn't keep up with my "rock bottom price" or coupon savings at all in 2011 so that's one thing I am determined to do this year!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment