Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Good Wednesday Morning!

Good Morning!  It's hump day and that means a new Market Place, Sureway, and Food Giant ad is available.  View them online at FoodGiant.com!  I've got the Market Place Matchup posted and ready this morning and I'll have the Food Giant / Sureway Matchup later this morning!

I wanted to take a minute to say THANK YOU to Ms. Teresa with the Southside Family Resource Center for inviting me to speak at an Extreme Savings workshop last night!  It was open to Southside parents and faculty and we had about 20 people join us!  If you're scrolling through my posts from yesterday, all of those "Know How to Coupon" posts were for the workshop.  I gotta say I was pretty nervous before we got started, but I think it all went well!  I had a great time and I hope everyone else did, too!

As part of the workshop, Ms. Teresa and I went to Walmart to Price Match and Coupon with a budget of $50.  I made a list of items and we browsed, compared, and filled a cart!  We ended up with 25 items and a Walmart price of $64.58!  After price matching our total came down to $49.27 (a $15.42 savings without a single coupon!).  After coupons, the final total came to $40.21.  We were able to save $24.37 just by price matching and using coupons!  Wow, that puts things into perspective, doesn't it?  And we did the whole trip, including checkout, in less than an hour.  Never underestimate the power of a good sale, a good coupon, and a good cashier!

I learned at the workshop that one couponer has a coupon savings can where she puts cash equal to what she's saved using her coupons.  She calls it her "can-cation" and her family enjoyed a great vacation last year thanks to all of her hard work!  I love this idea!  And I love the name "can-cation" as in you CAN vacation for less when you save using your coupons!  I'm starting a "can-cation" in January so I can see my savings accumulate from one shopping trip to another.  I challenge you to start your own, too!  And you could use the savings for anything!  Imagine how many donation items we can send to the Food Drive next fall!  Or, if you're saving $25 a trip, you could have a great Christmas fund by December!

Another THANKYOU to all the ladies who came out for the workshop!  I hope you enjoy the blog and find lots of helpful information on here!  You can always email me if you have a question or you spot a deal worth sharing!  Email me at couponforchange@LIVE.com

Thanks again, and happy couponing!  --Misty @ the Hopkins County Couponer

No comments:

Post a Comment