Thursday, December 8, 2011

Coupons.com We Have A Problem


If you tuned into the blog earlier today you probably saw my post for the super great $1 off ONE Mountain Dew coupon on Coupons.com  I printed my copies and put them on the desk, took my kiddo to school, and then noticed when I got home that the printed coupon says "Save $1.00 on any TWO Mountian Dew Bottles (20 oz).  What?!  You're kidding me, right?


And then I find this coupon has replaced the original coupon on the Coupons.com website.   And, if my eyes aren't deceiving me, there's even a typo on the coupon!  Doesn't the second "dew" have an "i" in it or am I seeing things?  That sloppy work just screams that Coupons.com was in a huge hurry to correct their mistake.  The conspiracy theorist in me says this a bait and switch.  But, in reality, the person who designed the coupon probably just goofed on the quantity which probably should have been TWO from the get go.

But, that doesn't mean that it's ok.  Now, here's what I encourage you to do.  You can contact Coupons.com and Mountain Dew to let them know that a misleading error has been made regarding the coupon released on Coupons.com today.  A little something like this...

This morning (12/8), the Mountain Dew coupon depicted on the Coupons.com website read "Save $1.00 on any ONE (1)  20 oz. Mountain Dew".  Unfortunately, the printed coupon stated a quantity of TWO.  Within a couple hours the wording on the coupon photo had been changed to "Save $1.00 on any TWO (2) 20 oz. Mountain Diew", matching the printed coupon from earlier.  This is not acceptable to me.  I want to know where is my coupon for $1 off any ONE (1) 20 oz Mountain Dew for which I selected and printed your coupon?  I firmly believe people make errors and that error has clearly been corrected.  However, my wallet shouldn't pay the price for a Coupons.com mistake.  Very Sincerely:

Also, give your email and mailing address.  Then, hope that they send you the correct coupon.  But, of course, don't hold your breath.  That little typo could equal A LOT of money depending on how many couponers printed it before the error was detected and corrected. 

The silver lining, is that coupon is still a pretty good one.  And it'll still be a good coupon to use at Dollar General on Saturday.  You'll just end up with two bottles of Mountain Dew instead of one.  It's not as great, but it's better than nothing at all, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment