Monday, August 1, 2011

Sunday Shopping

Sorry there were almost no posts yesterday!  I got up with the intention of scoring some great coupon deals and headed to town really early.  But, many of the good deals were not to be found! 

My first stop, Kroger, was out of $1 Crest and my coupon and the catalina deal expired yesterday; missed out on that one completely.  Then, the $1 on your next order catalina did not print for my Hamburger Helper purchase.  So, after searching for an end cap with toothpaste (which was gone) I packed up and headed home.

Convinced the husband and kids to head to Hopkinsville!  Still no toothpaste at Kroger.  Did get four boxes of Safeguard soap, though!  Next stop, Walgreens.  All I can say is that it was barely 9 am and the store was crawling with couponers.  There was only one lonely box of Special K to be found.  I did get two packages of Cottonelle and two packages of Crayola Markers.  But, I really wanted that cereal! 

Next, we stopped at Kmart for the 24-cent boxes of Crayola Crayons, plenty to be had.  Then on to Walmart.  Not much to coupon for on that leg of our trip, but I did find a little coupon booklet for Keebler products.  There's a display made to look like a big yellow bus filled with various Keebler products and the coupon booklets were in a little bin on the side of it.  I'm sure Madisonville has one of those, too.  I was even more surprised to see that there were actually booklets in the bin!

So, not a total coupon loss yesterday, but definitely not worth that early morning trip to Kroger.  That's what I get for waiting until the day my coupons expire!  Lesson learned!

Thanks again, and happy couponing!
--The Hopkins County Couponer (8/1/2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment