Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Are you having problems at Walgreens?

Luckily, I haven't had any major problems couponing at Walgreens.  But, if you're like many couponers, you may want to read this post on Cuckoo for Coupon Deals regarding some individual Walgreens store policies around the country.  It seems that some stores are finally enforcing the "limit one per customer" rule that is clearly defined in the sales ad.  I, for one, will be happy if the two Walgreens in Madisonville begin to limit each customer to one reward per item per day.  I know several couponers will not agree with me, but angering a few couponers will ultimately make a lot of couponers happy.  I do believe that ordering a bigger stock for "hot" items would help the problem, but the biggest issue is the couponers who clear the shelves first thing on Sunday mornings.  What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I don't mind the limit however what I think is ridiculous is the 3 transactions per person per day. I mean I had 4 transactions and had NO duplicate purchases. Each transaction was different. That seems like a good way to lose money to me. And pls note, I also told then if someone came up I would of course go to the back of the line. They said they still couldn't do it... I could understand if I had 4 transactions of the last of a certain product on the shelf but I do not clear shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misty @ Hopkins County CouponerAugust 16, 2011 at 1:05 PM

    Thanks for commenting! Glad to hear you don't clear the shelves! Is this 4 transaction limit at the Walgreens in Madisonville? I'd say this trans limit is irrelevant to the problem. The store should focus on keeping enough stock on the shelves to satisfy the many couponers, rather than a few couponers. If you're following the limits per item stated by the sales ad and you're not holding up the line, you should be able to break down your purchases however you like. Walgreens, if you're reading this, ask your friendly couponers to please use the Health & Beauty counter for lengthy transactions. I don't think any store should cater to couponers, but they definitely don't want to drive away our business. Sometimes it's just easier to price match at Walmart, you know? Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete