Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Tale of the Skinny Cow

I really hope you enjoy this as much as I did!  I really did laugh out loud!  But, first a little back story.  I have a friend, let's call her Harry, and she was an Extreme Couponer before there was such a thing, but she became semi-retired from couponing and is now getting started again.  She had read my post about the new Skinny Cow candybars and how wonderful I think they are so when she came across these in her grocery store, she knew she had to try them!  Plus, she had a coupon AND they were on sale, way to go Harry!  Here is the funny story she sent me as a result.  Names and locations have been changed to protect the innocent!

Ok girlie.....we've gotta talk about these cow thingies......You went on and on and on about how good they were but, thankfully, I couldn't find them over here in The 'Ville. Well....all that changed about an hour ago.

I was dead on my feet after about an hour and a half of this couponing thing that I still don't like but I keep trudging right along with my "I think I can, I think I can" mentality. One of us is gonna die....it's either gonna be me or these silly little things I keep printing and cutting out.

So, I head to the check out, just praying that there is no line because if there was, I was going thru the 15 items or less line and dare anyone to say anything to me. So...I'm standing there and I look over at the candy. Lo and behold, there was a cow.  Not just any cow.....a skinny cow. More specifically, a "Misty, Skinny Cow". And to top it all off, they were on sale for 50 cents!

Well, don't let anyone say I never took advantage of a deal, so I pull out those darned coupons again and find my 2 little cow q-pies and I grab 2 of the cow-bags and 2 of the cow-sticks. Those little clusters didn't look so bad, so, just for fun, I grabbed 2 more of those. The whole time I'm thinking....."Either Misty is dreaming because these things can't be that good.....or.....if they are, I'll have to get her good."

So, I'm loading my groceries in the trunk and I see the bag with my cows in it. Hmmmm.....awfully hot in the trunk for a cow. You guys are coming up front with me. Driving, driving, checking cell phone, adjust the radio, put on my seat belt, (Yes, I know I'm doing these things out of order)....hmmmm....there's a few little cows lying in the seat next to me. Come to Mama. Go ahead, make a liar out of Misty, cause I sure don't want something else that I have to be buying all the time.

While I skillfully drive with my elbows, I break open the bag. (Sniff)...smells good. (Pull one out)...looks good. (Place one in mouth).....Crap. Misty was right.

Thus was the demise of the inaugural Skinny Cow in The 'Ville.
(Wow....that could be on a blog somewhere!!)


Don't you just love it?!  In case you're wondering, she found the Skinny Cow singles on sale at her Kroger.  I just got this email last night, so I'll be checking out the price of these today.  Beware, I do love the peanut butter variety and I will clear the shelf if I have to!  I know, I know, clearing the shelf is like the worst couponers sin.  But, hey, it's not like I'm buying an entire shelf full of mustard!  Did you see that French's is on sale Buy One Get One Free at Kroger beginning today?

Thanks again, and happy couponing!
--The Hopkins County Couponer (7/24/2011)

2 comments:

  1. Cute story. :) and laughing at the mustard comment. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misty @ Hopkins County CouponerJuly 24, 2011 at 5:41 PM

    Thank you for reading and commenting! It's great to read a funny story every now and again!

    ReplyDelete